Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Parabens Contributes to Breast Tumors - I AM A WITNESS!

Some of you may or may not know that I just recently came through breast cancer. I had a radical double mastectomy in February of 2009 and I hope to complete my reconstructive surgery this August. Only thing was, I really had NO risks for getting it. There is NO family history of it on either side of my family. I don't smoke and haven't for almost twenty years and if I drink it's maybe one or two glasses a year. I was 39 when I first discovered the tumor. I have 4 children, ALL of them were breast-fed.

This past April, my oncologist informed me that at this point she was recommending chemo & hormonal therapy - even though a special test done on the tumor reported only a 7% chance of recurrence in the next 10 years. I believe the Lord led me to do some research while looking for another doctor (for a second opinion). I learned so much about chemo & hormonal therapy. I learned that I didn't want ANY part of it. The side effects for me were worse than the benefits.

Most of you who know me well- know that I began a journey of avoiding the foods and drinks that increase your chances of cancer 10 years ago and eating & drinking things that prevent it. The first few years I struggled with that choice & then I became more strongly committed.

I had asked the Lord where I missed it and how this got in. The first area I was convicted about was mishandling stress, so He's been helping me correct some things in that area. Then He led me to look up "Environmental Estrogens"-- which are pseudo-estrogens that are toxic to our body. You may or may not have heard of these. What I discovered is that it has been PROVEN time & time again that all the types of "parabens" in about 95% of beauty products today actually CAUSE cancerous breast tumors! Research shows that today women younger & younger are getting breast cancer and parabens is the biggest cause of the estrogen increase in these women. In my case, the pathology report showed that my tumor was "estrogen receptive". Meaning that I had "estrogen dominance." The causes of this are actually from the environmental estrogens. There are many other types of these estrogens besides JUST the parabens that I suggest you look up & find on your own. But I found studies that were done on human breast tumors and in one particular study done on 20 of them- in ALL 20 of the tumors- ALL the parabens were found. Methylparabens being the highest in every single tumor.

I immediately got off the computer and found item after item in my bathroom of foundations, lotions, creams, tanning lotions, shampoo & more products that had these "parabens" in them. I got dressed, went out and bought all organic paraben-free products right away. The Lord began reminding me of all the times He would suggest over the years that I buy those organic (paraben-free) products. Since I thought it was me the thought came from, I argued with myself saying we're already spending enough money on organic foods & supplements and plus I didn't think I'd be satisfied with them. Procrastination - just put it off for another day! "But maybe one day we'll have enough money to buy more organic & healthy hygiene products", I thought. I'm finding out breast cancer is really a lot MORE expensive!

Of course, I repented for not being careful enough in taking the time to listen attentively for His voice. I had seen "paraben-free" on some items before, but hadn't a CLUE what the problem was with them - I guess I should've looked that up! Duh! God's word DOES say that, " My people perish for lack of knowledge." Many women 45 & under are in the same situation, they simply don't know. I am wanting to get this information out and find out all I can do to help companies understand the need to find another preservative and stop giving women breast cancer. I guess they may think since there are other enviromental estrogens out there, that they are not the SOLE cause. I'm not sure, but one thing I want to know is - who really cares enough to change the products they use and tell others about these dangerous toxins as well? I sent this to message to all the women on my email list and posting it now on my blog, because I CARE about your life. And since nobody told me about the problem with parabens (that I remember) I figured I needed to post this information.

Thanks for taking the time to read this~ God bless you abundantly! ;)

Since I first posted this info ~ I have discovered other ways to lower our estrogen levels. Please, get your levels checked so you know where you stand! READ your labels - soy in all forms except fermented raises estrogen levels, as well as dairy. This does make grocery shopping a lot more difficult and the choice to change our eating habits can be also - but when you compare it to the horrid inconvenience of going through surgeries and (for some) chemo treatments and then all the financial stress of the MANY medical bills piling up - the decision can become quite easy!